Hello Bundt

May 6, 2013

My third bundt cake ever baked wasn't recorded on the blog but the memory of it is vivid. I remember making a delicious cinnamon and chocolate chip coffeecake bundt and gobbled up most of it alone (I did get some help from Twin Sista and her bf).
Fast forward a year later and since I didn't write about the bundt, it took some time to search for the recipe online. So now I find it necessary to record it so I don't find myself in the same situation: furiously scrambling to look for the recipe. 

The Recipe: Our Favorite Sour Cream Coffeecake from King Arthur Flour. 
This coffee cake is perfectly moist from the sour cream (I used low-fat plain yogurt, which I have on hand most of the time). I added chocolate chips for a lil extra bonus (and omitted the nuts) but the cinnamon filling alone brings great flavor to the cake. I also added the cinnamon filling to the top of the cake after it was finished baking.  
Don't have a bundt pan? Works in a square 9x9 baking pan too. 

This cake is accompanying my work colleagues and me to NYC tomorrow. 

1 comment