Bundt Partay!

November 15, 2011

November 15=National Bundt Cake Day!  As a new owner of a bundt pan, I am super excited to participate in this celebration by sharing a homemade bundt with friends and also getting a free and awesome I Like Big Bundts 2011 pin from The Food Librarian blog.  I've been following this blog for the past month while a bundt was baked everyday for THIRTY DAYS.  Omg...that's a lot of flour and sugar and eggs.  

I threw a lil party in honor of the visit of an old college friend, Jeffrey, and I kind of used it as an excuse to make a bundt.  
Bundt No. 2-Whole Grain Applesauce Cake from Chocolate and Carrots.  I was directed to this recipe from Serious Eats, when I saw a picture of this super pretty bundt.  It incorporated everyone's favorite fall fruit, APPLES, and it required no peeling/chopping of apples (I guess I'm a lazy baker).  I knew I found a winner with this bundt for Bundt Day!  
This bundt was accompanied by a homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from Twin Sista and a nice boozy fall beverage, Cider and Tequila Hot Toddy.  (I just googled apple cider and alcohol and this came up).  Although it was 80 degrees out in Houston on Bundt Day, these fall party treats were a hit.  
The Whole Grain Applesauce Bundt is def a heartier cake than your average super sugary sweet one.  I actually thought I overbaked my bundt but it's just really really hearty (phew I thought I really flubbed my dub on this cake).  So if you like baking with whole wheat flour, try out this cake.  I think I'd use white whole wheat flour next time I bake this bundt for a less obvious wheaty flavor/texture.  I am a fan of whole grain baking, esp from King Arthur Flour's Whole Grain Baking.  
The ice cream, omg the ice cream was amazing!  The recipe came from David Lebovitz's The Perfect Scoop and this really was a perfect scoop on top of a tasty cake.  

Post a Comment